Friday, September 18, 2020

 AN INDIA OF MY DREAMS


“India is the cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech and mother
of history and tradition. Our most valuable and constructive materials are
treasured up in India only. ” -Mark Twain
India is the country which was given the title, “The Golden Bird” in the 17th
century, the country which harbors the immortal wonder of the world, The
Taj Mahal, the country which has witnessed the birth and glory of leaders
like Samrat Ashoka and Mahatma Gandhi, the country which exhibits “Unity
in Diversity” at its best and a country which builds up on the foundations of
non-violence and peace.
From being a colonial state to being a well renowned and prime economy of
the world, India has come a long way.
India is the land where the soaring Himalayas stand with all their might,
where the Ganges river feeds the agricultural fields of our farmers, where
the sultry beaches of Peninsular India attract a number of tourists.
Being a science student, how can I not mention the advancement of sciences
in India and the contributions of esteemed people like Aryabhatta, Mr. C V
Raman, the Nobel Prize awardee, Mr. A P J Abdul Kalam, the Missile Man of
India.
India being one of the oldest civilizations of the world, has beheld the fusion
of distinct cultures and traditions reflecting the secular approach and the rich
heritage of our country, in whose lap breathe the happy followers of all
religions. Ours is a unique culture which cherishes its temples, mosques,
churches, which cherishes nearly 25 languages spoken across the country,
which cherishes different lifestyles, beliefs and the spectacular diversity that
resides in this nation.
Let us not forget that every coin has two sides, this diversity makes India so
special, yet unfortunately the same diversity tends to pull the strings of
disharmony in our country. The diversity which earns India its admiration
can sometimes cause people to take the wrong step of practicing violence in
the name of diversity, contrary to the Gandhian Principles on which our
country rests. This diversity sidetracks people from dominant issues like
hunger, poverty and unemployment.
But this is where the theme of this speech “My India” holds utmost relevance
to me. An India that I would call mine not just when it is lauded and highly
spoken of but an India that I would call mine when I can contribute even a
little in crossing these hurdles and making this nation more developed, an
India that I would call mine if I can do my bit in strengthening the values and
heritage of this celebrated nation and an India that I would call mine which
can make the world a better place by practicing and abiding by the essence
of peace and nonviolence.
I would like to end by saying that it fills my heart with immeasurable joy to
say that I am a proud Indian and the land that I stand upon with pride is
“My India!”
 Jai Hind!
-Rashiqua Munshi
XII A

No comments:

Post a Comment